What are PH levels? PH balance is extremely important for our health. It stands for power of hydrogen, which is a measurement of the hydrogen ion concentration in the body. The total pH scale ranges from 1 to 14, with 7 considered to be neutral. A pH less than 7 is said to be acidic and solutions with a pH greater than 7 are basic or alkaline. Our ideal pH is slightly alkaline – 7.30 to 7.45. You can test your pH levels regularly by using a piece of litmus paper in your saliva or urine first thing in the morning before eating or drinking anything.
To rebalance PH levels you need to stick to an alkaline diet. This diet is a great decision for people who want to rebalance PH levels and fight inflammation, because it doesn’t include acidic foods that promote inflammation and disease. Alkaline diets prevent bloating, insomnia, poor memory, kidney stones, poor energy levels, high blood pressure, headaches, diabetes, heart disease, muscle pain and weak bones.
What’s more, alkaline diets support weight loss, treat arthritis, inflammation, and cancer! They increase the blood acidity, and the body leaches minerals from the bones and organs to restore the proper pH balance of 7,4. The PH levels are also important for cell signaling, which is vital for your cells to perform their individual tasks.
Today, we would like to present you with a 7-day alkaline diet plan to rebalance PH levels and fight inflammation. The creators of this alkaline diet plan are the nutritional therapist Vicki Edgson and organic chef Natasha Corrett. The goal of this diet is to maintain the pH between 7.35 and 7.45. Mr. Edgson and Mrs. Corrett believe this can be achieved by consuming 80 % alkaline foods and 20 % acidic foods.
By following alkaline diet plan, you should consume foods such as: vegetables, fruits, peas, legumes, beans, soybeans, tofu, nuts, seeds, olive oil, coconut oil, flaxseed oil. In addition, there is a list of products that must be consumed, including artichoke, asparagus, broccoli, beetroot, dates, figs, cauliflower, fennel, lemon, kale, spinach, and watercress.
What’s more, you should avoid processed foods, sugar, dairy, meat, eggs, alcohol, most grains, caffeine, soy, processed corn, safflower and sunflower oils, hydrogenated oil and margarine.
Here is a 7-day alkaline diet plan:
- Breakfast: chia and strawberry quinoa
- Snack: an orange
- Lunch: sweet and savory salad
- Snack: 1/2 cup toasted nuts and dried fruits
- Dinner: simple green salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar, 3-4 oz. roasted chicken with roasted sweet potatoes and parsnips.
- Breakfast: vegan apple parfait
- Snack: 1 pear
- Lunch: savory avocado wraps and white bean stew
- Snack: 1 handful of toasted pumpkin seeds
- Dinner: simple cucumber salad with olive oil and apple cider vinegar. 3-4 oz. roasted chicken with roasted Brussels sprouts with red peppers
- Breakfast: berry purple smoothie
- Snack: 1 mango
- Lunch: Asian sesame dressing and noodles
- Snack: a handful of dried apricot
- Dinner: 4 oz. oven-roasted salmon, ½ baked sweet potato, curried beets and greens
- Breakfast: apple and almond butter oats
- Snack: 1 banana
- Lunch: green goddess bowl
- Snack: a handful of almonds
- Dinner: kale pesto zucchini noodles
- Breakfast: power smoothie
- Snack: an avocado
- Lunch: quinoa burrito bowl
- Snack: a handful dates
- Dinner: wild rice mushroom and almond risotto
- Breakfast: chia breakfast pudding
- Snack: ½ cup blueberries
- Lunch: miso soup with fermented tofu
- Snack: a handful of macadamia nuts
- Dinner: roasted root vegetables with 4 oz salmon
- Breakfast: quinoa porridge
- Snack: a few slices of cantaloupe
- Lunch: Mexican quinoa salad
- Snack: a handful of dried coconut slices
- Dinner: pumpkin soup.
Diets are great, but your body will thank you if you supplement your healthy nutrition plan with a good workout.