If you are thinking of getting your body ready for the beach, there is a super-effective diet that can help you achieve your body goals. This is a 1700 calorie diet that can help slow and steady loss results.
Following this diet, you need to focus on healthy food. A balanced mix of foods from all the food groups is recommended on the 1700 Calorie Diet. It’s great, because your body will get enough vitamins and minerals to stay energetic and healthy. The 1700 calorie diet includes foods such as vegetables, lean meats, fruits, low fat dairy, whole grains, and fats.
To extract all the benefits of this diet, you need to stick to the right balance of carbohydrates, proteins, and healthy fats. Most nutritionists suggest the following breakdown:
50% of calories from carbohydrates = 850 calories from carbs or 212 grams of carbs per day
10-30% of calories from healthy fats = 170 – 459 calories or 18 – 51 grams of fats
20-30% of calories from protein = 340 – 459 calories or 85 – 114 grams of protein
To achieve good results, you need to eat 1700 calories a day of healthy food and stick to the proper balance of carbs, proteins, and fats. However, do not count on rapid weight loss. The thing is, this diet works in the long term. So, you can expect a slow, gradual weight loss of a half a pound to 2 pounds per week.
Advantages and disadvantages of the 1700 calorie diet
- people who follow this diet are more likely to maintain weight
- it’s a healthy way to lose weight
- you get enough calories to support proper nutrition
- this diet can lead you to a healthy lifestyle
- the 1700 calorie diet is highly customizable
- you have to count calories
- cooking skills are a plus
- this diet requires some planning and work
- the diet works in the long term
Here is a 1700 calorie meal plan for a day
This one-day menu contains 1700 calories with 100 grams of protein, 68 grams of fat, and 179 grams of carbohydrates.
- Breakfast: 2 eggs, cooked anyway you prefer, 1 slice whole grain toast with 1 tsp butter, 1/2 grapefruit
- Morning Snack: 1/2 cup of fresh berries, 1/2 cup of lowfat plain yogurt
- Lunch: a grilled chicken sandwich made with 3 ounces of grilled chicken, 1 slice of cheddar cheese and low fat mayo on 2 slices of whole grain bread, mixed green salad with 2 tablespoons olive oil and balsamic vinegar
- Afternoon Snack: 2 tablespoons of natural peanut butter, 1 small apple, 6 whole grain crackers
- Dinner: 4 ounces of salmon or tuna, 1 cup of broccoli drizzled with a tablespoon of olive oil, 3/4 cup of brown rice.
Supplement your diet with some exercise to double your results.