Do you want to lose weight fast? Your search for a solution may have pushed you into trying all kinds of diets like the Military Diet, Keto Diet, and the Vegan Diet, but unfortunately, none of these may have worked for you. The Three-Week Diet Plans may be what your body needs because some testimonies (including the before and after photos) prove that these weight loss meal plans deliver what they promise – a tremendous weight loss in three weeks (4). Although, this remains controversial.
The three-week easy diet for weight loss is meant for people who want quick results but have little time to follow longer diet plans. Getting into a three-week weight loss commitment is no walk in the park, so you need to understand what you are signing up for. You should brace for a massive cut on calories, which will test your tolerance to a steady caloric deficit throughout the program.
Three-Week Diet Plans To Lose Weight Fast
Do the three-week meal plans really work? Individuals worldwide have curated bizarre diets to lose weight fast, for example, those that give you tips on how to lose 10 pounds in 2 weeks with guaranteed weight loss. Here is everything you need to know on how to lose weight in 21 days (particularly weight loss coach Brian Flatt’s Three-week Diet and the Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan), including the meal plan, pros, cons, and its effectiveness.
Three-Week Diet Plan By Brian Flatt
How Does It Work?
The three-week diet plan is divided into three phases (each week), each with a unique set of nutritional requirements (all low in carbohydrates and calories), tailored to help you achieve your weight loss goal (2) (5). Throughout the program, participants are guided on the kinds of food they should eat to shred as much fat as possible. The aim is to maximize fat loss at the start while gradually introducing more whole foods, then eventually progress towards a nutritionally balanced and complete diet to maintain a healthy weight (5).
This weight loss meal plan is based on five techniques to help your body burn fat faster (5). These are:
- Reduced carb intake
- Use of supplements (strategic supplementation)
- Intermittent fasting
- Calorie reduction
Each of the methods above may significantly contribute to weight loss, depending on your target, so it is not mandatory to incorporate all of them. However, implementing all of them together will result in rapid weight loss (5). Flatt’s three-week diet is made for people who seriously want to learn how to lose weight in a week or three. Remember, you will have to pay for the full diet system, including the introduction, meal plan, workout plan, and motivation manuals.
After the 3 weeks, you should continue weighing yourself every day. If you weigh three pounds or more above your target weight, start Phase 1 immediately and continue until you get back to your target weight (it should take about 1-2 days). You can therefore enjoy “cheat” meals once in a while without affecting your weight loss progress.
The foods allowed include:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Whey protein
Three-Week Diet Plan Sample Meal Plan
Here is an example of what to eat during the day given by the Freedieting website (5):
- 3 poached eggs
- Sautéed spinach
- 2-3oz tuna
- Steamed asparagus
- 2-3oz turkey
- Steamed broccoli
According to Globenewswire, the Brian Flatt Three-Week Diet Plan leads to the following health benefits (3):
- Improved metabolism that leads to faster body fat loss
- Healthier hair and skin
- Toned skin and reduced cellulite
- Lowered cholesterol levels and increased energy
The plan is easy to follow since it uses regular grocery store foods and readily accessible nutritional supplements that attack harmful triglycerides that can lead to stubborn belly fat (2).
According to Freedieting, the meal plan is (5):
- Very restrictive
- Involves dramatic calorie restriction
- Eliminates carbohydrate foods such as fruit, starchy vegetables, legumes, and whole grains
- Involves intermittent fasting that may be uncomfortable
- Encourages the use of caffeine and nicotine pills, which may be harmful
Other than what you eat, fitness coach Brian Flatt urges participants to engage in 20-minute intense workouts three to four times a week because burning body fat will be more effective if one engages in intense, full-body exercises instead of long cardio sessions (5). There is a manual for both passionate gym-goers and people who barely go to the gym. Remember that everyone’s body is unique, so you may not get exact outcomes as another person who follows the same diet and workout routine.
Three Weeks To Summer Shorts Plan
Apart from Flatt’s three-week diet plan, there are also other weight loss meal plans that can be followed for the same period as well. The Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan, in particular, is designed to help you lose a stone (7 pounds) in three weeks at the end of the program (6).
How Does It Work?
Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan is a 21-day menu of interchangeable food combinations to help you lose weight fast and shift to a better eating habit. This weight loss meal plan also allows you to munch on a snack every once in a while. You can choose the SAVE option (which gives you a boost of 100 calories) or the SPLURGE option (which provides you with a 250 calorie bonus) (6).
Three Weeks to Summer Shorts Plan Sample
The meal plan below is a summarized version of the three weeks to summer shorts plan by Weight Loss Resources (WLR) (6):
- Smear 1tsp peanut butter on a slice of wholemeal bread. Prepare fresh fruit salad with 6 strawberries, 1 kiwi, 1 satsuma, and 3oz cherries.
- Eat 1 banana and 10 green olives with a slice of wholemeal bread topped with Philadelphia light mini tub and 2 smoked salmon slices.
- Mince 100g lean beef and make a burger. Fry in ½tsp olive oil and serve in a toasted brioche bun with 1tbsp of tomato ketchup, lettuce, and red onions.
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice and 40g Bitesize shredded wheat topped with 20 raspberries.
- Prepare 2 wholemeal bread slices with wafer-thin turkey (4 slices), 1tbsp light salad cream, and salad; bring an extra 1 pack of baked crisps.
- Mince 100g lean meat and dry fry till golden brown. Add 3tbsp water, ½ pack taco seasoning, and vegetables and boil for 5-10 minutes. Serve in 2-3 taco shells, each topped with guacamole
- Boil 2 eggs and serve with steamed asparagus.
- Top 200g half potato with 100g cottage cheese and 2 slices of pineapple.
- 75g whole wheat pasta garnished with chili and basil leaves & served with roasted ½ courgette, ½ aubergine, and 6 cherry tomatoes crushed over garlic.
- Top 40g muesli with 4-5 almonds, raspberries, and 50 blueberries.
- Whole wheat tortilla wrap filled with ½ avocado, sliced red onion, a small can of tuna, and ¼ pepper.
- 60g cooked jasmine rice served with 80g steamed snap peas. Add scrambled eggs, spring onions, and sprinkle with 1tbsp light soy sauce.
- 1 wholemeal fruit scone smeared with 2tbsp fruit jam; serve with 150ml freshly squeezed orange juice.
- 2-3 slices French stick topped with 6 black olives, almonds, and 100g low fat cottage cheese.
- Serve couscous with a roasted mixture of ½ chopped courgette, ½ chopped aubergine, ¼ pepper, cherry tomatoes, and 1tbsp olive oil crushed over garlic.
- 10 raspberries, 6 strawberries, blackberries, and blueberries topped with 20g crunch granola.
- 1 wholemeal bagel with Edam salad and cheese.
- Dress 120g salmon fillets with low-fat balsamic dressing and bake. Serve with asparagus, 100g boiled potatoes, and 60g French stick.
- Toast 2 wholemeal bread slices and add grilled bacon, lettuce, 1 sliced tomato, and 1tsp low-calorie mayonnaise.
- Wholemeal pitta bread filled with lettuce, 4 slices of thin ham, 5-6 cherry tomatoes, and 1tsp low-calorie salad cream.
- Stir fry 40g mange tout, 40g broccoli, sliced mushrooms, 25g edamame beans, and ¼ red onion, and serve with cooked brown rice.
- 1 croissant with summer berries and 1tsp raspberry jam.
- Enjoy 1 banana with Ryvita crispbread topped with spring onions and a Philadelphia mini tub.
- 1 fried chicken breast seasoned with ¼ pack fajita seasoning and served in 2 warmed taco shells; add 1tsp sour cream to taste.
- A sliced peach, 50g muesli, and 100g low-fat yogurt.
- Wholemeal roll served with a warm can of minestrone.
- 100g dry-fried minced beef. Add ½ onion, ½ stick celery, ½ carrots, ½ can chopped tomatoes, and 1tsp tomato puree. Cook and serve with 75g whole pasta.
- A slice of whole-wheat toast, 1 boiled egg, and 150ml grapefruit juice.
- A ready-made 350 calorie salad or sandwich and an apple.
- 150g skewered king prawns, brushed with 1tbsp chili sauce, and served with 60g brown rice.
- 30g corn flakes topped with 10 raspberries, 20 blueberries, and 1 sliced banana.
- 4 breadsticks, cucumber batons, and 3tbsp fat hummus with carrot sticks.
- Fill a wholemeal tortilla with vegetables or chicken and 1tbsp sour cream topping. Stir-fry a sliced chicken over ½tbsp olive oil. Add ¼ sliced red pepper and ½ sliced red onion and ¼ pack fajita seasoning. Once all ingredients are covered by the seasoning, add freshly squeezed lime juice.
- 2 slices wholemeal toast topped with 6 strawberries and strawberry jam.
- 80g rocket leaves topped with crumbled blue stilton, a sliced peach, sliced red onion, and 1tsp low-fat dressing; enjoy with 150ml freshly squeezed juice.
- Serve 1 block egg noodles with 100g king prawns, chopped pepper, and 1 chopped carrot, fried with 3 spring onions in groundnut oil.
- Weetabix with milk and a banana.
- Lettuce topped with walnuts, celery, and apple slices. Make a dressing with 20g low-calorie mayonnaise mixed with ½ lemon juice. Serve with 1 or 2 slices of sourdough bread.
- 1 grilled chicken breast topped with 6 cherry tomatoes and served with 180g baby potatoes.
- 2 slices wholemeal toast with 1tbsp marmalade served with 80g raspberries.
- 1 toasted wholemeal pitta with 3tbsp low-fat hummus and cucumber baton; add ½ sliced pepper.
- 2-egg omelet made by cooking 2 eggs in 1 tsp olive oil. Add 6 sliced cherry tomatoes, baby spinach, and serve with sourdough bread.
- A toasted wholemeal bread slice with 2tbsp raisins, almond butter, and a banana.
- Prepare a salad with 1 sliced grilled peach, ½ ball low-fat mozzarella, sliced tomato, and basil leaves. Enjoy with 2 slices of pumpernickel bread.
- 4 steamed asparagus spears, cherry tomatoes, black olives, 1tbsp grated parmesan, and 1tbsp pesto sauce mixed with 125g gnocchi.
- 1 scrambled egg served in toasted wholemeal pitta bread and enjoyed with 150ml fresh orange juice.
- Warm a whole wheat tortilla and sprinkle one-half side with low-fat cheese topped with cooked vegetables. Add ¼ chopped pepper, 25g peas, and ¼ can of sweet corn. Fold over the other half and turn until all the cheese melted.
- 125g cubed tofu, sprinkled with 2tbsp low-fat dressing, and marinated overnight. Skewer the tofu along with ½ pepper, 6 cherry tomatoes, courgette, ½ red onion, and grill. When ready, serve with 60g French sticks.
- 1 English muffin with 2tsp strawberry jam and 6 strawberries.
- 75g whole wheat pasta with 6 cherry tomatoes, 1tbsp parmesan cheese, and 1tbsp pesto sauce.
- A slice of wholemeal bread topped with ½ avocado, a poached egg, 25g peas. Serve with 2/3 cup orange juice.
- Chia seeds soaked in milk and mixed with 100g low-fat Greek yogurt; add sliced kiwi and mango.
- A wholemeal tortilla wrap filled with 2 tbsp hummus, ¼ cucumber, ½ yellow pepper, and ½ carrot.
- 100g lean minced beef meatballs fried in olive oil. When golden brown, add finely diced onion, crushed garlic, 1tsp tomato puree, and ½ can chopped tomatoes. Serve with 75g whole wheat pasta.
- Prepare a smoothie with 50 blueberries, 20g blackberries, raspberries, 6 strawberries, and 100g low-fat yogurt.
- 250g ready-made sushi
- 30g couscous mixed with ½ clove crushed garlic, 3 sundried tomatoes, 30g feta cheese, black olives, and seasoned to taste. Spray with ½ tsp olive oil and cool for 15 minutes. Serve with 50g baby spinach.
- 1 slice wholemeal toast with 1 fried egg and 4 grilled bacon slices.
- 1 banana plus 1 wholemeal pitta and vegetable crudites prepared from 1 carrot and ¼ cucumber.
- Any ready-made meal of your choice.
- Banana smoothie with 100g low-fat milk and yogurt.
- 1 slice wholemeal bread served with omelet cooked with 1tsp olive oil, 30g low-fat cheese, and 4 slices wafer thin ham.
- 1 grilled chicken breast served with 180g baby potatoes and salad (lettuce leaves, 6 cherry tomatoes, ¼ cucumber, and low-fat dressing).
Note: Quick weight loss plans are not recommended because they are very restrictive, and you may miss out on important nutrients. Also, they are not sustainable in the long run, and you may end up gaining the weight you lost. The recommended weight loss is 1-2 pounds a week.
With the three-week diet plans, you can switch from unhealthy habits to a healthy diet to lose weight. It only takes a little hard work, planning, and patience to get that sexy body you always wanted. Remember, before trying this weight loss plan, get a green light from your doctor and relevant experts.